The Sibelius licence servers version 6.2 and above allow clients to check out a license to run off the network. This is useful for allowing a teacher or student to borrow a copy from your multi-seat license for use at home, whilst still retaining overall control of the license yourself.
Configuring the licence server
NB: You must be running Sibelius 6.2 or higher to use this feature.
- Start the Licence Server Control Panel, and click the Licences tab.
- Select your licence from the list, and click the Check out settings button.
- Tick the allow check box and set the number of clients you wish to allow to check out licenses.
Checking out the licence from the client
- Start Sibelius.
- File > Help > Check out licence (on Sibelius 6, click Help > Check out licence)
- Sibelius will now allow you to specify the amount of time you wish to check a licence out for, up to the period specified in the licence server control panel.
- If successful, you’ll see this message:
Checking in a licence from the client
The checked out licence will automatically expire on the client and re-appear in the licence server, but should you wish to check in early, you can do as follows:
- Connect the client machine to the network.
- Start Sibelius, and click File > Help > Check in licence (or Help > Check in licence on Sibelius 6).
Revoking a licence from a client
If it is not possible to re-connect the client machine to the server (for example, in the event of machine failure), you can manually revoke a checked out licence as follows:
- Open the Licence Server Control panel.
- Click the Clients tab.
- Select the computer that is no longer available from the clients list, and click the Revoke button.