If you want all students to start Sibelius with the same playback devices, you can set this up in the following way.
Set up Playback Configuration
- Go to Play > Setup > Playback Devices
- Set up your Playback Configuration how you would like it. If you need to add your own devices and change the existing devices, click New… and give it a name. You’ll then be able to activate and deactivate the devices as you need them.
Set Preferences to make sure Sibelius starts up with the right configuration
- Go to File, Preferences
- Choose Playback on the left
- Tick the option for ‘When starting Sibelius, load this playback configuration’ and choose the Playback Configuration you would like all users to use
Apply these settings to all users on the computer
- Again, in File, Preferences, choose Other
- To make all your Preferences in Sibelius apply to all users, click ‘Set Global Preferences’. This will copy the Sibelius Preferences from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. This option isn’t available on Mac so you’ll need to add this step to your script to apply these Preferences to all users.
- Click OK to save these settings.
NOTE: This option to Set Global Preferences will only appear if you are using the multiseat network version of Sibelius with the Sibelius Licence Server.
This will effectively have told all users to start with the Playback Configuration but won’t have given every user the Playback Configuration to use yet. To do this, you will need to write a script that runs when each user logs into the computer to copy the Playback Configuration folder into their user’s area. The Playback Configuration is a folder of the same name you chose in Sibelius and is located here:
Windows: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Sibelius\Playback Configurations
Mac: Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius/Playback Configurations
Sibelius 7 & 7.5:
Windows: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Sibelius 7\Playback Configurations
Mac: Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Playback Configurations
Windows: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Sibelius Software\Sibelius 6\Playback Configurations
Mac: Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Sibelius Software/Sibelius 6/Playback Configurations